Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Favorite Frosted Brownies



I made these brownies this weekend for my Grandma's 90th birthday party and they were a huge hit.  This is my mother-in-law's recipe and they are our absolute favorite around here.  Really, we don't ever make any other chocolate brownie recipe because this is the only one we want.  It is really hard to eat just one...or maybe I just have no will power when it comes to these delicious brownies.  Either way, they are fabulous!


Favorite Frosted Brownies
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup nuts (optional)

Frosting
1/4 cup butter
3 1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
milk for desired consistency

Cream butter and sugar.  Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well.  Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.  Add nuts.  Pour into greased 9x13 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.  Frost when cool.

3 comments:

  1. YUM!! Can't wait to make these - thanks Mich!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit - I ate at least 4 of these that night! I'm going to have to make them myself now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this recipe! I have already made 5 batches of these for various events. They are great! I will be using this recipe for years to come. :)

    ReplyDelete