Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Christmas Crack Chex Mix


I realize that it's not Christmas, but I made some recently and just had to post it.  My Grandma would make this Chex mix every year when I was growing up and I loved going to her house and grabbing some out of the containers she kept on top of her microwave.  This stuff is so delicious and addicting!

Christmas Crack Chex Mix

1  12.8 oz. box Corn Chex cereal (you can use Rice Chex as well)
1  12 oz. box Golden Grahams cereal
1  7 oz. bag shredded coconut
1  4 oz. bag slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups butter 
2 cups sugar
2 cups corn syrup

Combine Chex and Golden Grahams, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl.  In a large sauce pan cook butter, sugar, and corn syrup to the "soft ball" stage...about 235 degrees on a candy thermometer.  Pour over cereal mixture and stir until well coated.  Pour mixture out onto 2 large cookie sheets to cool.  Store in an airtight container.  





No comments:

Post a Comment