Monday, December 2, 2013

Yummy Yams



This year we were able to eat Thanksgiving dinner 3 different times.-I know...it's crazy!  Luckily, they were spread out between three weeks so it wasn't so bad.  At one of the dinners my husband's Grandma made these delicious yams.  They were so good that I had to go back for more.  Of course I asked her for the recipe and couldn't wait to make them myself.  I made up my own pan of these yams on Thanksgiving and they definitely did not disappoint.  They are for sure my new staple yam recipe for the coming years.  


Yams

6 Yams
3 or 4 apples
3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
2 Tbsp. Lemon or orange juice or 1 Tbsp Tang (I used Tang)

Parboil yam for 20 to 24 minutes.  Don't overcook them.  Cool and slice in pan.  Layer sliced yams and apples in pan before adding the sauce.  Put sauce ingredients together (all except juice) and boil to thicken.  Add juice or Tang.  Pour sauce over yams and bake 45 to 60 (depending on the size of the pan) minutes at 350 degrees, until apples are done.  They need to be bubbly and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment