Monday, March 12, 2012

Pepperoni Pizza Loaf

My husband is a HUGE pizza lover! Seriously he would eat it every meal if he could I think. I made these tasty pizza loafs last weekend for a little pizza and movie date night and they were great! This pizza loaf is a great idea if you want to switch things up a bit from the regular pizza style.

Pour hot water into mixer and add yeast. Let it sit for a few minutes until it starts to foam up.
Mix in the salt and oil.
Begin to add in the flour one cup at a time and then mix for about 8 minutes once you have added in all the flour. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture of this step)
Once the dough is all mixed separate it into two pieces.
Roll the dough out into a rectangle. I know mine is no where close to even being a rectangle in this picture, but you get the idea.
Layer on cheese and pepperoni. You can add whatever toppings you like, my hubby just loves pepperoni so that's what I usually do.
You can either roll up the dough or fold it over on each side. Tuck the ends underneath each side.
Whisk up one egg until it is nice and frothy for your egg wash. This picture doesn't do a very good job of showing how frothy it is.
Slather on the egg wash.
Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on top and then pop it into the oven to bake for 16- 20 minutes.
Slice up and serve with your favorite marinara sauce! Yum!

Pepperoni Pizza Loaf

1 3/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
Italian seasoning

In a mixer, combine hot water and yeast. Let the yeast dissolve and proof. Add the oil and salt. Add in the flour one cup at a time while mixing. Let the dough mix for about 8 minutes. After the dough is mixed, separate the dough into 2 pieces. Roll each dough piece out into a rectangle. Layer pizza toppings and then roll the dough up. Place on greased cookie sheet and brush with egg wash. Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top and bake at 450 degrees for 16- 20 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.

2 comments:

  1. Being a fellow pizza-lover myself I totally think I need to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy momma...always cooking something yummy!!! I'm impresssed

    ReplyDelete