Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Creamy Italian Chicken

My Mom frequently would make this recipe when I was younger and it was a staple for us. It has now become as staple for me and my own family. It's just so easy to make! I also love that it has just a few ingredients, that I usually have on hand, which makes it even better!

Pour the salad dressing mix into a small bowl.
Add in the water and mix until it is combined.
Place chicken in the crockpot and pour the mix over the chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours.

After 3 hours of cooking I shredded my chicken. You don't have to do this, I just like to switch things up sometimes and do it this way.

Soften the cream cheese.
Combine the cream cheese with the cream of chicken soup.

Pour it over the chicken and then cook for one more hour.

It should look all creamy like this when you are done.
Serve it on top of noodles or rice.

Creamy Italian Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves ( I just used chicken tenders)
1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
1/2 cup water
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine salad dressing mix and water. Pour over chicken. Cover; cook on low for 3 hours. Shred the chicken (optional). Combine cream cheese and soup until blended and then pour over chicken and cook for 1 more hour. Serve over noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment