Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feather-Light Muffins

These muffins are just delightful! My family just loves these muffins! We refer to them as "Doughnut Muffins" around here since that's what they taste like. A couple of weeks ago we got together with some friends for games and I whipped up a quick batch of these muffins. They were a huge hit! I promised my friends I would post the recipe on here... so here it is finally! I usually double the recipe since it only makes a few and my husband can almost eat a whole batch himself.


Start by creaming together the shortening, sugar, and eggs.
Mix it up really good until it is nice and creamy.
Then add in your dry ingredients.
Slowly pour in your milk into the mixture.
Blend it all up together until it is well combined. Next pour the batter into a muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. (I forgot to take a picture of this. Sorry.) Meanwhile, mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl for your topping. Melt the butter in a separate bowl and set aside. Once the muffins are finished baking, roll each muffin in the butter and then coat with cinnamon and sugar.
Set them on a cooling rack to cool and then serve.


Feather-Light Muffins
Yield: 8-10 muffins

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar, and egg. Add in the dry ingredients and the milk. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 325 for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 3-4 minutes. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Roll warm rolls in melted butter, then in sugar mixture. Serve warm.

1 comment:

  1. I really think I need to try these! So proud of you for starting a cooking blog! Yet one more way in which you are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete