Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cheesecake

I made this cheesecake for Valentine's Day for my husband and it was so delicious! It is melt in your mouth good! I love that the crust is so moist and not all dried out and fake like the store bought kind. Yum! The power was out all day at our house so I had to make this up at my mom's in order to have it done for dinner. I failed to bring my camera with me so I wasn't able to get any step-by-step shots. So all you get is the end result shot today. Sorry. But trust me, it was so easy and so good!


Cheesecake
Recipe adapted from The Sisters Cafe

Crust:
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar

Filling:
2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1/4 cup lemon juice

Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar to make the crust. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan and set aside. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth. Add eggs and lemon juice and mix well; Pour over crust. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes at 300 degrees. Cake is done when it springs back when lightly touched. Cool to room temperature and then chill until serving. Garnish as desired.



No comments:

Post a Comment