Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Easy Waffles and Maple Syrup

I love breakfast food! I even think breakfast food tastes better for dinner sometimes! These waffles are my go-to breakfast meal. So far this is my favorite waffle recipe that I have found and as an added bonus it's super easy! And yes, that picture does show how much I love syrup just as much as I love the waffles. :)


First mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to your dry stuff.
Stir it all together until it is well combined.
Poor your batter into your hot waffle iron and close until your waffles look golden like this.
Spread with butter and pour on some delicious maple syrup and you're all set! Enjoy!

Easy Waffles

1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil

Mix dry ingredients together. Combine eggs, milk, and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Mix well. Pour into hot waffle iron and cook until golden. Serve with warm syrup.


Maple Syrup

3 cups white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
1/2 TBL maple flavor

Mix sugars and add water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add maple flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment