Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Soup

This enchilada soup is one of my favorite meals! I love a good and easy crockpot soup that you can just throw in the crockpot and not worry about it until dinner time. I made this soup last night and even my picky two year old ate his whole bowl and dipped chips in it! He never eats soup so it was a miracle! Basically this soup is just delicious!
First chop up the onion. Or throw it into your food chopper like I do. It's my favorite thing!
Chop up your green pepper and put aside.
Put the chicken in the crock pot and layer onion on top of the chicken.
This is where the good stuff comes in. Instead of just using regular cheddar cheese I put in some queso sauce to spice it up a bit. It's the best!
Pour in a can a of cream of chicken soup.
Add a dash of garlic salt. I do a little more since we like the garlic flavor.
Next add the chili powder.
Layer the chopped green pepper on next and then add in some pepper.
Pour in one can of cream of mushroom soup.
Last, pour a large can of diced tomatoes on top. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Remove the chicken before you serve it.
Shred it up real good like this with a fork and then put it back into the crockpot and stir.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, sour cream, and salsa.


Chicken Enchilada Soup

Layer in crockpot as listed below:

4 chicken breasts on bottom (I used chicken tenders because that's what I had on hand)
1 large onion chopped
3/4 jar of Queso sauce
1 can cream of chicken soup
dash of garlic salt
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 green pepper
black pepper
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 large can of tomatoes

Cook on low for 7-9 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Place back in the crockpot and stir.

No comments:

Post a Comment