Friday, August 31, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad & Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing



I love summer!  I also love the fresh fruit that comes along with the warm weather!  This is one of my favorite go-to salads since it's so easy to throw together.  Sometimes I add the nuts and sometimes I don't, just depends on my mood.  Either way this salad is so delicious!




Strawberry Spinach Salad
2 bunches spinach or package of baby spinach
1 pint fresh, sliced strawberries
nuts (optional)

Dressing:
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 strawberries
1 1/2 tsp minced onion
1/4 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds (optional)


Wash spinach and strawberries.  Slice strawberries and add them to the spinach.  Add nuts if desired.  Blend dressing ingredients in blender and add to salad just before serving.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I've made this vinaigrette for different meals I've had with people over the last few months, and every single time I make it people just rave about it! I even tried it once with raspberries and that was good too! I like to pour it over greens with blueberries, candied almonds and feta. Thanks for sharing this one Mich!

    ReplyDelete