Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lime Chicken Tacos

I got this yummy recipe from my mother-in-law when we got married and it is one of our family favorites.  I added the beans to the recipe to help fill my hubby up, but you can leave them out if you like.  I love that this recipe requires little time and effort.  Not only is is delicious, but it just happens to be healthy too!




Lime Chicken Tacos
Prep: 10 min.  Cook time: 5 1/2 hours  Yield: 12 tacos

1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 cup frozen corn (I used canned corn)
1 cup salsa
1 can black beans (optional)
12 flour tortillas

In a small bowl combine lime juice and chili powder.  Place chicken in a crockpot and pour lime juice mixture over the chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.  Remove chicken; cool slightly.  Shred and return to the crockpot.  Stir in corn, salsa, and black beans.  Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through.  Serve in tortillas with lettuce, cheese, or sour cream if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment