Thursday, February 7, 2013

Delicious Homemade Rolls

I love homemade rolls!  My husband is a pro at making rolls and so he has been the designated roll maker in our household for years.-His Mom trained him well.  So up until recently I've just let him do it.  However, the past few months I have been working on my roll making skills.  I'm definitely not as speedy as he is at forming the rolls, but I am getting there.  This is my mother-in-law's recipe and it is our favorite!  If you're looking for a delicious homemade roll to add to your dinner...this one's for you!
 




Mom's Best Hot Rolls

2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. yeast or 2 pkgs.
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp butter, melted
6 cups flour

Combine warm water, yeast, and sugar in mixer.  Let set to soften yeast.  Add salt and butter.  Add in flour and mix for about 8 minutes.  Cover and let rise for about an hour.  Form into rolls and raise again for another hour.  Bake at 375 for 14-16 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment