Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes




This weekend I made my family our traditional pumpkin pancakes.  I make these every year around Halloween and Thanksgiving.  These are delicious!  We love that they fill our whole house with a yummy fall scent.  My husband says they are more like a dessert than a breakfast food.  I would have to agree with him.    We love these pancakes!  


Pumpkin Pancakes

1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2 cups to help thin out the batter)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 cups flour
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt


In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, and vinegar.  Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a separate bowl.  Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.  Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium high heat.  Pour the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.  Brown on both sides and serve hot.  

Note: This batter comes out extremely thick.  I always add extra milk to help thin out the batter so the pancakes aren't so thick.  

No comments:

Post a Comment