Friday, September 28, 2012

Black Bean Brownies


Several months ago, I went to a church activity and someone had made brownies for the dessert.  I had one, of course, and thought they were delicious.  I was shocked to find out later that they had black beans in them!  I love black beans, but I had never thought of putting them in brownies before then.  So yesterday when I went to make dessert I remembered those same black bean brownies and decided to give them a try.  First off, they were the easiest things in the world to make!  Second, my husband had no idea there were black beans in them until after he had eaten one and declared it delicious....then I told him and he still loved them!  Total success!  


Black Bean Brownies
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes

1 can black beans rinsed, & drained
3 eggs
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.   Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.  Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar in a blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.  Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle the top of brownies with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment