Wednesday, May 16, 2012

German Pancakes




For some reason I never had German pancakes growing up.  Then one day I went to a friend's house for brunch and she made German pancakes.  I had never seen them before so it about blew my mind to see a pancake made in an oven, but I loved them.  We frequently make these as they are a family favorite at our house.  The puffed up edges are my favorite part (one of the few things that I'd rather eat an edge or a corner of rather than a middle piece) but it's really all delicious!

First melt 4 Tbsp of butter in a 9x13 pan.  You can do this either in the oven or putting it in a microwave.  I usually do it in the microwave because it's faster and I don't have to worry about burning the butter.

It'll come out melted like this.  

In a medium bowl add in your eggs.  

And then add in the milk, flour, and salt.  Mix it all together until it is combined. 

Pour the batter into the buttered pan.  Do not mix it!  Just pour it in and then pop it into the oven for 20 minutes.  

It'll come out all puffed up on the edges like this.  Cut it into squares and serve it with some warm maple syrup!  Yum!


German Pancakes
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup milk
4 Tbsp butter

Melt butter in a 9 x 13 pan.  In a medium bowl mix together the eggs, flour, salt, and milk until it is combined.  Pour batter into the buttered pan.  Do not mix it! Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.  Cut into squares and serve warm.  




No comments:

Post a Comment